Friday 24 October 2014

About the Project | Marketing Research Outlines


About my Project
My project is a Film. Which is divided into three parts. Each of them is named after the stages of chemical reactions. First comes "Synthesis", a part where the two characters meet, dance, 'understand' each other; the second part is "Compound", which is about how they both work on trying to being a harmonious connection, a viewer sees their interactions and other objects hinting on that activity taking place- such as building machines, a little fragile flower they plant in a dry sand, hoping for the best; the last one is called "Deconstruction"- part about the dysfunctional sides of the story that lead to the end of this 'chemical' activity of two lovers.
It is a film about love, or friendship, I would like to see how each of the viewers can translate it themselves, because any relationship can either work or not. It is an easily-understood story from our daily life we witness everywhere, however, it is told through means of expression and experiments with editing inspired by avant-garde and surrealist films.

How relevant is this idea?

-surveys0000000
https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/GXKBRTT



Visual Side
The film is totally 'distorted', there are only 2 scenes where the image was not edited to make it look 'worse' , more lo-fi. I wanted it to look different from what a fashion film is. I wanted that film to look rough and so that it'd look as if it was shot by you 20 years ago, I hoped to bring nostalgia and a hint of chance, a hint of something you can't predict. It was edited all over, but I wanted to show it in a documentary style with some kitschy effects added. I tried to make it less polished but entertaining, with psychedelic projections, beautiful kaleidoscopes, 'white noise' / 'bad-tv' effects added to the drum of the songs. I wanted it to be watched, so I tried to play with the rhythm, making it go fast and slow and  then, freeze it for a few seconds.. Each of these manipulations would fit the story and how I see each stage of that relationship of the characters.



Music and Sounds

After looking through many examples, I stopped by a music by an Australian band called Pikelet. https://www.facebook.com/pikeletmusic
I chose their music for a reason: it suited my desire to make it less of a statement/loud-music accompanied visual story. I wanted it to be a very hypnotic, non-disturbing audio. I hoped to find a charming voice, something unusual, and I did that when I came across Pikelet. 
I chose three of their songs and bought the rights from their record label.
Also, I find it interesting how my film reminds me of their own video style.. 



Also, my film contains sounds like tinnitus sound, low beat added in-between the parts of the film, to bring the attention the change of the story line a little bit.

About my Audience
I would like the audience not to be limited to a certain age-frame. However, of course, I understand, there is a certain age group that is most definitely more interested in experimental projects. 
The audience is fashion and music-oriented. I admit that my video looks more like a music video in three parts rather than a fashion film, but that's what I wanted to do. However, this music I used, along with the sound effects, they do not belong to the scene of pop culture today, and the music that I used is very 'indie'. Both music, the visual story, designers that I involved,- they all are rather experimental, and I can conclude saying that my audience are creative and artistic individuals interested in new approaches, young artists, like me, interested in underground art. 
The age group is from 18 to 27 approximately, although I know that my type of products will attract other ages , as well because I have already shown it to different representatives of various age groups.
But I would like to point out once again, I want this project to bridge two industries together- fashion and music, as in my project one can't exist without the other, therefore, film is a kind of a medium to connect music and fashion design.


No comments:

Post a Comment