Sunday 19 October 2014

Actors/Models Casting

The female model/ actress has always been Maxine in my mind. When writing a script and visualising it in my story board I imagined her because she's inspiring to me. She has an interesting personality and a deep understanding of what she's asked for and sees a deeper meaning of any idea she's asked to present.

 



However, when it came to a male actor, I found it really difficult to select someone.
My original idea was to have my friend as an actor

But then the script was finished and I thought to look for someone else, and my friend could not make it.
So I started looking through model agencies' books and the ideal option for me was this model:
I thought a guy with long hair may have this 'unpolished' wild look, which would help with the story, as I wanted my film to seem disconnected from the modern reality in as many possible ways as I could think of.

But unfortunately he was not available for the project, another idea was to feature that model, but he was in NYC, so it didn't happen either:


So I ended up choosing to work with a guy I know well, it's Sam, he is actually a musician but it created a great relaxed atmosphere, as we all knew each other, Maxine's been Sam's mate for a long time as well.



No comments:

Post a Comment