Monday 6 October 2014

Concise Encyclopedia of SURREALISM by Rene Passeron

A very useful resource with the core definitions of terms and techniques. It is a valuable book I have been coming back to throughout my research and production of those videos.
I have made scans of the glossary to put in a post here:





It is a great resource to take references from, and I will definitely use the information on my analysis.

Also, I would like to show the works of surrealist art mentioned in the book, because they would create understanding in terms of aesthetics and the overall vibe of my practical piece, so they would be like a reference or an extended mood board to describe my inspirations behind my MA films.


FRANCIS MARTINEZ PICABIA
"ACROBATICS"

"DIONYSIA"

"LADY'S FIGURE"



OSCAR DOMINGUEZ



SALVADOR DALI- "RAINY TAXI" :




WIFREDO LIM "ALTAR FOR 'LA CHEVELURE DE FALMAR'"

AUBREY BEARDSLEY



HENRY FUSELI "NIGHTMARE"





JOHANNES THEODORUS: "The Three Brides"

PIERRE ALECHINSKY




ENRICO BAJ

LEONORA CARRINGTON- "THE TEMPTATION OF ST ANTHONY"




JOSEPH CREPIN







SALVADOR DALI




CHRISTIAN DOTREMONT


MAX ERNST - "A MEETING OF FRIENDS"


ERNST FUCHS:

RUDOLF HAUSNER - "ADAM"




MAURICE HENRY 



VALENTINE HUGO


GEORGE MALKINE - The second sight


JOAN MIRO



PABLO PICASSO - "YOUNG GIRL AND THE MIRROR"

MAX-WALTER SVANBERG




























No comments:

Post a Comment